Thursday, December 01, 2016

Finally, Democrats and Republicans in the Senate tell me how to express my views.

I have always wanted to know how those corrupt clowns in the US Congress can guide me in the expression of my views.  Those racists, sexists, Islamophobes, and anti-Semites want to draw the parameters acceptable of political expression on Israel.  They tell me: 
"
  • Demonizing Israel by blaming it for all inter-religious or political tensions
  • Judge Israel by a double standard that one would not apply to any other democratic nation".  So for the 1st item, if I blame Israel for the Lebanese civil war in Lebanon and its prolongation, it would be anti-Semitic? What about blaming Israel for intensifying the conflict in South Sudan by arming for decades one faction over others? What about Israeli support for the monarchy in Yemen back in the 1960s? Would mentioning that be anti-Semitic?  Now for the second point: so how do I know in criticizing Israel that I am not guilty of double standards, i.e. anti-Semitism?  What if I couple criticism of Israel with criticism of Denmark, for example, would that protect the person from the anti-Semitic charge?